NBE-Therapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group: a perfect symbiosis between a rapidly growing biotech and a well-established big pharma company. We are located in Basel, a Swiss city on the river Rhine, known for being an important center of chemical and pharmaceutical industries and renowned for its multifaceted cultural aspects – a great place to live and work. Our research team is committed to the development of next-generation antibody drug conjugates for cancer patients in need for new transformational therapies.
We are looking for a pro-active and enthusiastic:
Research Associate / Research Assistant (Biology, 100%)
You will support the discovery and development of novel cancer-targeting antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) and help to address research questions associated with the respective target program(s) and/or the ADC technology platform using a wide variety of experimental approaches. We are looking for a motivated and self-dependent team player who likes to work in a dynamic and friendly environment where everyone’s performance has a direct impact on the success of the program, and where you have the chance to closely follow the development of the therapeutic candidates.
- Routinely culture and manipulate mammalian cell lines (e.g. genetic modification, flow cytometry and sorting, etc.)
- Conduct standard molecular biology experiments (Cloning, PCR etc.)
- Plan, execute and analyze cellular assays to screen and characterize ADC candidates (in vitro killing assays, internalization assays, etc.)
- Perform analytical assays (Western blot, ELISA, FACS, etc.)
- Support the development of novel assays and technologies and their optimization
- Carefully plan and execute experimental work, both independently and in collaboration with team members, supervisor and across teams
- Accurately and timely document experimental work in electronic labbook
- Support the creation of data summaries for meetings and reports
- Contribute to coordination of outsourced studies (CROs, external BI sites)
- Pro-actively contribute to lab organization to ensure optimal workflow
- BSc/MSc, apprenticeship or equivalent degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or Biotechnology. The position is not suitable for candidates holding a PhD, thus their application can not be considered.
- Work experience of 2-4 years is a plus.
- Curious and creative personality with persistence and a sincere aptitude for hands-on lab work and experimental design.
- Solid hands-on experience and knowledge in any of the areas of molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology or cell biology. Broad expertise in in vitro methods is an advantage and will be extended. Previous exposure to in vivo work is an asset.
- Proactive, self-motivated person that is eager to learn, develop and implement new methodology and technology.
- Systematic, well-organized working style and extraordinary attention to detail throughout experimental and routine workflows.
- Team player with the ability to handle multiple work packages independently, in a flexible work environment made up of international teams.
- Comfortable with creating presentations to summarize and report own results in internal labmeetings.
- Diligent and respectful with regard to general lab processes and organization.
- Solid knowledge of English (written and spoken) is a prerequisite; German is helpful but not essential.
- Residence in Basel or surrounding is key to flexibility and company success.
Who We Are And Our Culture
NBE-Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive work culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
In 2021, NBE Therapeutics joined the Boehringer Ingelheim group, which focuses on innovative medicines for people and animals since more than 130 years, as a subsidiary specialized in ADCs. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50’000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2017, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of nearly 18.1 billion euros. R&D expenditure, exceeding 3 billion euros, corresponded to 17.0 per cent of net sales.
At NBE-Therapeutics, we offer a permanent position in a young, dynamic and science-driven work environment, providing opportunities for learning and development, because your personal growth is our growth. We work in cross-functional teams across different sites sharing our common goal to transform our patients lives.
For more information about NBE-Therapeutics AG, please feel free visit our website:
We look forward to receiving your application including a motivation letter, which you are invited to send to: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to job-opening: Ref220912J