For our client we are looking for a R&D Lead Engineer in chip design, with a considerable track record in power semiconductor design concepts. The focus is on cutting-edge IGBT, MOSFET and Diode product development. You will contribute to an interdisciplinary team of world class experts in the field of power semiconductor components.
If you are ready to push power semiconductor technology to the next level join us!
R&D Lead Engineer in power semiconductors device design
- You will act as a lead design engineer for power semiconductor devices and be responsible for technical execution of R&D projects.
- Define and establish the TCAD design platform, deliver cutting-edge product solutions and collaborate cross-functionally with product engineers to strive for continuous improvement
- Develop application tailored chip layout (Si & SiC) for robust and reliable power semiconductor devices that meet the required performance.
- Interact with clients, suppliers, as well as external manufacturers and understand technical and commercial requirements for new product designs and existing technology.
- Identify and secure critical intellectual property and contribute to ensure IP clearance for volume manufacturing.
- combine the device design with the electrical testing and understand and improve device robustness under harsh environmental conditions.
- Publishing of project results in journals, at conferences and trade shows.
- You establish key partnerships with universities and industry and expand the company’s business network.
- An exciting opportunity
- Attractive compensation
- Training courses to maintain proficiency
- Good work life balance
- Modern workplace
- Your basis is a PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a similar field with excellent knowledge in power semiconductor device design.
- Beyond that, you bring several years of experience in academia or industry in TCAD simulation.
- You are experienced in project management, technical reporting, stake holder and risk mitigation.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are a team player and a strong communicator; you convince us with your passion and dedication to improve power semiconductor chip technology.