The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com
R&D Specialist Packaging Material Science
Location: Orbe, Switzerland
Company: Nestlé System Technology Center (NSTC)
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
The Nestlé System Technology Centre (NSTC) in Orbe is Nestlé's leading R&D centre for the design, development and deployment of Nestlé delivery systems, offering expertise in machines, packaging and products for in-home and out-of-home. Our vision is to be the world's leading center for breakthrough System innovation that actively cultivates its unique mix of people and expertise. We create innovative and sustainable food & beverages systems, in partnership with businesses, to amaze our consumers. Our NSTC core values - Excellence, Determination, One-team spirit, and Trust - drive us every day in everything we do.
As a "R&D Specialist Packaging Material Science" , you will define tests and methods to assess the new materials & packaging solutions that will be then developed and industrialized. Together with the laboratory personnel and the project managers, you will define as a team the next steps to deliver packaging solutions that will contribute to the success of our systems. Additionally, you will contribute to the centre expertise by sharing your knowledge and expertise, and ensure safety and continuous improvement. In this position you will be part of an innovative team and contribute to Nestlé and Nespresso packaging of tomorrow.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a R&D Specialist Packaging Material Science
- Propose innovative ideas and methods to characterize properties of materials & packaging solutions
- Support packaging project managers for the design, development and deployment of solutions
- Plan and deliver projects for NSTC under team leader's guidance.
- Conduct trials, externalize studies, generate reports, and protect ideas with patents to build Nestlé's competitive edge.
- Support competency development, disseminate best practices, utilize training materials, activate networks, develop tools, and ensure safety and continuous improvement.
What will make you successful
- R&D Engineer / PHD with expertise in material science and in methods development
- 5 years of R&D experience in this area with good Project Management skills
- Experience in data science and statistics are a plus
- Excellent communication in English (written/spoken)
- Ability to understand complex concepts and translate them into specific methods and solutions
- Innovative mindset and problem-solving skills (Green Belt is a plus)
- Team player with sense of ownership & coaching skills
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win. We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people's lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com.