In this function you will work in our Engineering Center in Emmen.
Structural Analysis Engineer F/A-18
You can move it
- Conduct and lead structural analyses of aircraft structures (incl. fatigue calculations and spectrum generation)
- Perform fatigue safe-life and damage tolerance analyses to establish metallic component retirement times and inspection intervals
- Verify and check structural integrity by using appropriate analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools
- Support in-service products by investigating failures and analysing improvements to define modifications and/or repair solutions
- Define and document technical substantiate reports for customer
What you should bring with you
- Technical studies (BSc, MSc) in engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in structural mechanics, fatigue and/or fracture mechanics
- Experience with Fatigue & Damage Tolerance analysis, especially for airborne applications
- Experience with Hyperworks and AFGROW
- Strong background utilizing classical hand analysis and finite element methods
- Experience working in a design and/or maintenance/repair organization of in-service aircraft
- Experience with Military and/or Civil Certification of Aircraft
- Very good communication and writing skills in English. Basic understanding of German.
- Ability to work with outside partners and Government customers
- Compliant with Swiss Security Clearance and ITAR Clearance requirements
What awaits you
Senior Manager HR
+41 58 483 78 82
At RUAG we make a significant contribution to Swiss security. This is because we know that security matters - in everything we do. This is what our approximately 2,500 employees work for every day: at 18 locations, at home and abroad. That is what drives us. For both our customers and for Switzerland. As a future-oriented technology partner of the Swiss Armed Forces, life-cycle management, operations, and the availability of military systems for land and air are a priority for us.