Our client is a global consumer goods company with several manufacturing plants and an extensive network of third-party manufacturing partners and packaging suppliers across Europe.
In the context of the creation of a new EMEA Operations Hub in Switzerland and the centralization of several functions in a new office, we are looking for a Junior Production / Packaging Engineer, who will provide support to the Manufacturing Engineering team.
The Manufacturing Engineering team focuses on projects with Third Party Manufacturing (TPM) suppliers and the core of the job is providing technical and back-office assistance to the team in order to get Right First Time implementation of new products at the TPMs (samples, line trials, transit tests, reports, etc.).
One of the main responsibilities is the end-to-end planning, execution and reporting of transit tests (more than 500 transit tests per year), liaising with a number of internal and external stakeholders. This would include organizing and maintaining the transit test room and samples and as well organizing and requesting the necessary materials to prepare for the transit tests and line trials.
Part of the job is as well documenting and ensuring that the information in the corporate systems are accurate and updated (e.g. bills of materials, weights and dimensions, assembly instructions, capability overview of the TPMs). This will allow other departments to have an overview on the status of the project and proceed with new product launches.
- Other support functions for the Manufacturing Engineering team would be:
- Monitor scrap rates and QPA (Quantity per Assembly) information from the TPMs to be able to react on possibilities for improvement and set up the necessary projects for implementation of improvements together with the Manufacturing Engineers
- Maintain and continuously upgrade the knowledge database on the state of the art on packaging materials, pack-off machinery, filling machinery and other technologies in the industry
- Attend the onboarding of new TPMs and ensure correct training to the TPMs from the Manufacturing Engineering point of view
- Build and maintain the Quality Management System for the department in line with the company's requirements
- Organize quarterly and annual review meetings together with the leadership and appropriate members of the TPM departments to provide overall activity overview
We are looking for a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree (ideally in a technical discipline) with 1-2 years of experience in a similar job in the field of filling & packaging related with new product development processes.
We expect some knowledge and experience in packaging technologies and packaging materials, ideally in the Consumer goods industry. Previous experience conducting transit tests would be a plus.
- In terms of soft skills, these are the core criteria:
- Project management / project coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Excellent communication skills including technical report/writing and presentation skills
- Organised and rigourous way of working
- Project oriented and results driven
- Hands-on mentality and can-do attitude
- Able to work independently with little supervision
The working language of the company is English, and we require an absolute business fluent English level for this role. Proficiency in additional European languages would be a plus. The job requires around 5% international travel across Europe.
Only candidates eligible to work in Switzerland would be considered for this vacancy.
Excellent opportunity to be part of a highly qualified Manufacturing Engineering team with a regional scope and responsibility, that has not only a close relationship with suppliers, but as well with multiple departments within the organization including Product Development, Operations and Quality.