Thales Alenia Space Schweiz AG in Zurich, with its 70 employees, is the Swiss branch of the internationally operating Thales Alenia Space, which has been developing, integrating, testing and operating innovative and complex space systems for more than 40 years. Thales Alenia Space Switzerland technologies and products are used in the exploration of our solar system and the cosmos, earth observation and satellite telecommunications.
At our location in Zurich in Switzerland, we are searching for a new member in space travel as
You will enjoy having this responsibility:
- Definition of tests for electrical and optical communication systems for space applications
- Preparation, organization, and execution of tests on equipment and system level
- Definition of test specifications
- Characterization of end-to-end electro-optical communication systems with focus on (Ethernet based) communication chains
This includes the following tasks:
- Together with our development team, you will be responsible for the design and engineering of test concepts and setups for sophisticated communication systems for space applications
- As part of project proposals, you will support the bid team by providing technical inputs to plan the testing for telecommunication systems
- You will analyze customer requirements related to communication interfaces and ensure that they can be verified using state-of-the-art test equipment and setups
- During test campaigns, you will be responsible for the verification and validation of electrical and optical telecommunication interfaces as part of the test team
- To increase efficiency, you will create, maintain, and supervise automated test environments
- Based on test results, you will report defects and prepare the associated documentation
- Occasionally, you will travel to test facilities or meetings and presentations with our international customers
Your background and skills:
- Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience, ideally with specialized knowledge in electrical and optical telecommunication networks
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in industry on similar job description
- Familiar with the theory of electrical and optical telecommunication
- Sound knowledge of electrical and optical telecommunication protocols like Ethernet, SONET/SDH, OTN/G.709.
- Practical experience with standard tools for electrical and optical telecommunication interfaces with a throughput of 10Gbps and more (e.g., Bit Error Rate Tester (BERT), optical fiber tools and analyzer, Ethernet traffic generator/analyzer, multiplexers for different domains, …)
- Experience with analogue RF and optical testing: extinction ratio, loss (transmission & return) measurements, 3dB bandwidth, S tests, isolation & cross-talk, E/O and O/E conversion, jitter, eye-diagrams, duty cycle, etc.
- Experience with digital testing: packet-loss, BERT, Ethernet, error correction, etc.
- Programming skills with: Python, MATLAB, C is a plus
- Experience with using and developing test software to assist testing and test automation
- Experience with system characterization and de-bugging
- Experience in development and testing of opto-electronic equipment for space applications (advantageous)
- Experience in environmental testing (advantageous)
- Good command of English, both verbal and written; German or French would be an advantage
- Good team player in a multidisciplinary environment
- Flexible and eager to work in a multicultural group
As a global player with projects all over the world we are looking for candidates of different backgrounds and backgrounds, because the diversity of our innovative and creative teams is our success factor. Therefore, this is also a central aspect of our personnel selection.
You want to know more? We look forward to hearing from you:
Talent Acquisition Team Switzerland
Tel .: +49 (0) 7156 353 36203
We look forward to receiving your application via our workday career portal:
For more information about Thales as an employer, visit www.thalesgroup.com/career
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!