Senior Software Developer / Architect (.Net)
Bühler Group is a $2.7B global company striving to provide a rapidly growing world population with access to healthy food and safe mobility solutions. We are now seeking to hire a highly motivated Senior Software Developer/ Architect (.Net) with substantial experience in web-based technologies. You will continue the development and enhancement of Bühler’s manufacturing execution system Mercury MES, a leading and innovative solution in our industry. Mercury MES is supplied to customers for controlling food and feed production plants. It is completely based on web-technologies and will enable customers to benefit from cloud-based services.
As a Senior Software Developer/ Architect (.Net) you will have a substantial impact on the future success of the product in the market and design new features using state-of-the-art web-based technologies. You will propose solutions to specific requirements of Bühler’s industry segments. The collaboration with experts in Switzerland and other locations will also be of central importance to the role within the Bühler Group.
- Design, develop, implement, test and deploy software features according to the business requirements
- Define database architecture/ schema, decide structure of software and manage dependencies between software components
- Research, test and perform PoC and feasibility studies of new technologies and tools
- Define technical solutions in line with the business requirements
- Support the product owner by creating technical tasks for developers based on business requirements
- Document newly developed software components and applications
- Provide technical guidance to team members/ software developers
- Review work performed by team members
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar - Master's degree in either one of the subjects is considered an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in software development; produced verifiable tools/ products/ applications
- Experience in leading and coaching team members/ developer
- Strong experience/ know-how: .NET, C#, SQL server, Entity Framework, REST API
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (Scrum, DevOps, CD/CI, Git)
- Full professional proficiency in English, fluency in an additional language is a plus
- Security certification or relevant IT security experience (e.g. ISO 27001, CISSP, CCSP)
- Experience / know-how: Angular, TypeScript
- Self-starter, problem-solving mindset, actively facilitates alignment with business representatives, fast-learner, team-player
- Highly innovative and cross-cultural work environment
- Career development opportunities and training
- Working from home possible (to an extent)
- Health-care program
- Free parking
- Company canteen and catering facilities
- Good connections with public transport
- Employee benefits and discounts
Bühler as an employer
We are working to create sustainable innovations for a better world. Our aim is to transform the world’s most pressing food and mobility challenges into sustainable technologies, process solutions and business models. At Bühler, you are empowered to show initiative and take responsibility. In our family-owned company, personal success goes hand in hand with shared success. We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where integrity and courage are key drivers of our success. We support your personal development because we want you to make a difference. By joining Bühler, you will be helping us tackle global challenges while at the same time meeting the needs of our customers.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender (m/f/d).
Questions? We’re happy to help!