Our client, a global technology company in Switzerland, is looking for a
Senior Hardware Engineer
The Senior Hardware Engineer will be responsible to design, develop and test hardware for new products and testing equipment as well as work on the sustaining activity of existing devices. He/she will be responsible for the technical project plan definition and for the coordination of project resources to reach the project milestones. In case of development done with third parties, he/she will coordinate the project, defining requirements, monitoring progress, and assuring that the deliverables match the targets and deadline.
- Design, develop and maintain electronic HW designs, mixed signal, low power, portable devices, RF (sub-GHz and GHz bands) and Digital boards from the initial product requirements phase, to the feasibility and design, until manufacturing and testing ,and guarantee a successful release of the product into mass production.
- Work closely with product management and R&D team and contribute to the improvement of the products.
- Development and simulation tools for PCBA development
- Select best technology and manufacturing process.
- Verify and demonstrate the compliance of the design to the specifications
- Define board testing plan/procedures
- Manage Feasibility testing, Proof-of-concept, and Prototypes board
- Cost and Quality activities support
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external safety standards (CE/FCC/Safety/EMI)
- Co-operation with Purchasing (in supplier selection and cost/quality improvement) and partnership with suppliers
- Generate accurate and complete Technical documentation
- BSc or MSc in Electronics or Electrical Engineer
- minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mixed signal, low power, portable and embedded devices, RF and digital boards development in all aspects of Board design from definition to production
- In-depth knowledge in Analog, RF and Digital PCB design includes all relevant tools.
- Experience with sensing technologies and relative embedded sensors
- Professional usage of Altium CAD designer
- Experience with Asian electronics supplier and PCBA producers is a plus
- Experience with Lab. equipment and measurements
- Good inter-disciplinary understanding of mechanics, manufacturing, control and firmware
- Experience designing complex printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Knowledge of RFID systems is a plus
- Knowledge of low power IoT systems is a plus
- Good communication and documentation skills, generation of formal design documentation, review, and control
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Our client offers:
- Possibility to be exposed to an international environment in a company with excellent reputation.
- Possibility to develop competencies in product development and project management.
- Dynamic and young work environment.