Bobst Group-Technology division promotes innovative technologies and develops cut-edge products to contribute shaping the digital transformation in the packaging industry. Part of this division, the Electronic & Vision Systems team is looking for a talented electronic engineer to strengthen the development of embedded electronics used in our equipment.Main Responsibilities
- Develop, improve and maintain the firmware used on the electronics embedded in our digital printing systems
- Ensure the required Software Quality standard with adequate simulation and automated tests
- Perform code reviews with the team and ensure that own development passes Continuous Integration
- Collaborate with stakeholders (Software and Vision engineers, Product owner, field technicians, customers)
- Improve team's knowledge about adequate technology evolutions (performance, testability, robustness, security…)
Would be a significant asset
- Strong knowledge in Computer Engineering (real time computing, high speed networks, computer architecture, signal processing)
- Excellent knowledge of digital electronics and VHDL language (Altera & Xilinx target)
- Strong knowledge of digital simulation & test methodologies (UVVM or assimilated)
- Strong debugging and profiling skills
- Rigorous in documenting your code
- Team spirit oriented, ability to interact in a multidisciplinary environment
- Open-minded and proactive
Our Development Tools
- Experience implementing SoC (FPGA and microprocessor interfaces)
- Software development (drivers, DLL, application) in C/C++
- Scripting languages
- Comfortable with continuous integration and build scripts
Your education and languages skills
- Mentor Graphics
- Xilinx Vivado
- Intel QUARTUS
- MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Science with a specialization in Computer engineering
- Proficiency in English, French an asset
For more than 130 years, and over 50 countries, BOBST has always been at the forefront of innovation and we want to accelerate connectivity, digitalization, automation and sustainability to make packaging better than ever.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. Join our highly qualified staff and together, let's shape the future of the packaging world.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.