GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world's electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
Join our Construction and Commissioning Team as Site Quality Manager! This position is related to the implementation of quality assurance and quality control at site. The mission is conducted at site and can encompass equipment jobs to turnkey projects.
The objective is to comply with customers requirements, regulatory & statutory requirements and GE requirements applicable to the products & services delivered. The end goal is the release of conform products and services to our Customer.
This position is located on construction and commissioning (C&C) sites.
The typical assignment duration is between 6 months and 2 years.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assure the Site Quality documentation structure is set up and compliant to the contract (e.g. Site ITPs, Site ITPLs, Site Quality Plan)
- Head all quality actions on site
- Represent GE Quality on site to the customer, authorities and any other external party
- Lead compliance actions on site and align required inspections and approvals
- Plan and lead site inspections
- Manage site documentation and assure on time delivery in good quality
- Head Site Quality audits
- If necessary set up an efficient quality team on site
- This role requires significant experience in the Project Management, Quality and Sites
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience)
- English fluent
- German on a solid level
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Willingness to travel and to work in international teams
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.