KFC, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, is a global chicken restaurant brand with a rich, decades-long history of success and innovation. It all started with one cook, Colonel Harland Sanders, who created a finger licking’ good recipe more than 75 years ago, a list of secret herbs and spices scratched out on the back of the door to his kitchen. Today we still follow his formula for success, with real cooks breading and freshly preparing our delicious chicken by hand in more than 22,000 restaurants in over 135 countries and territories around the world.
KFC Central Eastern Europe (CEE) is looking for an Architect based in Lausanne.
Purpose of the position:
- Providing compliance of all NSO and remodeled kitchen layouts in BU to BOH standards, equipment and facility food safety standards, BU menu strategy
- Providing applicable BOH prototypes for specific market
- Innovations in equipment to provide efficiency of operational processes in the kitchen.
Scope and magnitude:
- 26 countries, 20 Franchisees partners
- 90+ NSO annually
- 200 remodels projects annually
- 25+ Consultants + Companies Design community
- 20+ Suppliers in categories of finishes, furniture, signs, stainless steel manufacturing, etc
- Supporting franchising partners in developing of BOH for KFC stores.
- Restaurants kitchen prototypes developing and updates with market specific (menu mix, transaction level, capacity, local sanitary regulation specific) , the same is in case of KFC standards, regulation changes.
- Manuals & guide lines developing for BOH planning
- 3d parties and “FZ inhouse” specialists trainings and certifying. 20+ People community
- Managing of EU stainless steel (neutral) equipment manufactures in part of equipment customizing
- New kitchen equipment design developing (neutral mostly)
- Back of house (kitchen) and land plot layouts approval for FZs new store opening and remodel projects – 120-150 projects annually.
- Authorizing and audit of local equipment manufacturers in part of technical expertise – 1-2 per year.
- Various projects and program managing (as team member of Design &construction function), cross functional projects
Knowledge and skills required:
- University degree in food production planning
- Experience in restaurant industry for 5+ years
- Professional knowledge of food production/restaurant equipmnet
- Professional skills in CAD (Computer-Aided Design Systems) (AutoCAD, etc.)
- H.A.C.C.P knowledge
- Basic knowledge of general principles of sanitary regulation
- Basic knowledge of food production specific in microbiology, organic chemistry
- Basic skills in project management.