Who we are
You enjoy creating and innovating. You never stop striving for better. You take responsibility and you get results. You love being part of a team. Above all, you want your work to matter: Welcome to our world! At Sonova we create sense by bringing sound to life. Our innovative hearing care solutions help millions of people enjoy life's unforgettable moments.
We offer exceptional career opportunities through market-leading brands from consumer to medical, products and services that keep pushing hearing care forward, and a culture where you can quickly belong and perform at your best.
If you want the freedom to explore, opportunities to grow, and make positive change on people lives through your work, this is the place for you.
Join Sonova. Create sense.
Our 'Corporate Manufacturing Engineering' department forms the interface between Research & Development and Operations. The development and maintenance of the process control systems for our manufacturing equipment is an important discipline which ensures efficient and stable processes in our manufacturing sites. As Senior Engineer Process Control Systems you will be involved in a wide spectrum of tasks from early industrialization concepts to hands-on support on production machines.
- Analysis, conception, design and realization of process control systems for production equipment (incl. introduction, training and know-how transfer)
- Functional lead of process control and automation related activities within Corp. Manufacturing Engineering
- Development of machine controls using Beckhoff TwinCAT and programming of individual user interfaces for special machines as well as the design and selection of the necessary actuators and the creation of the necessary electrical wiring diagrams
- Actively manage 3rd party vendors for the build-up and support of manufacturing equipment and ensure they are meeting service levels (requirements and quality)
- Establishing, securing and training of the technical and methodological knowledge regarding process control systems and safety of machines within Operations
- Create and maintain the required technical documentation and procedures for process control systems according to external and internal regulations
- 2nd level support for different production sites in process and process control issues
- Degree in Engineering; e.g. Bachelor FH or HF in Electronics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of work experience in the development and implementation of production process control systems for manufacturing equipment
- In dept expertise as PLC programmer on Beckhoff TwinCAT, preferably also knowledge in programming with Visual Basic and C#
- In dept experience in layouting and design of the electrical wiring for customized machines
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes in the electronics industry
- Knowledge regarding safety and CE compliance of manufacturing equipment according to the machinery directive and project management in general is a plus
- Dedicated, open minded and communicative personality with quality orientation and structured approach as well as a high degree of independence
- Strong command in English and German
We can offer you a new challenge, with interesting tasks and much more - including an open corporate culture, flat hierarchies, support for further training and development, opportunities to take on responsibility, an excellent range of foods, sports and cultural facilities, attractive employment conditions, and flexible working time models in various roles. Employment level 80-100%.
Gianni S. Raffi, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, is looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, references and certificates) via our online job application platform.
For this vacancy only direct applications will be considered.
+41 58 928 01 01
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer.
We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place. We guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of a candidate's ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status, gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.