About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we want to develop Idorsia into one of Europe's leading biopharmaceutical companies, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet - the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 1,000 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Scientific Associate with substantial experience in protein mass spectrometry for the Proteomics and Metabolomics Laboratory within Idorsia's Translational Biomarker Group (TBG). The TBG supports Idorsia's drug discovery and development projects across the pipeline by developing and measuring biomarkers as well as providing molecular data on drug and disease mechanisms that support clinical translation. The studies performed will include cellular and animal models, as well as clinical samples. The Proteomics and Metabolomics Laboratory is equipped with three state-of-the-art mass spectrometers and provides high-quality data to project teams on both endogenous metabolites and proteins. The lab works in close collaboration with other labs in the TBG, drug discovery, and clinical development department to obtain an integrated view of drug and disease mechanisms.
In this laboratory-focused role, the Scientific Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Development and implementation of new protein and metabolite analysis workflows, including both sample preparation, targeted, and untargeted MS methodology
- Preparation of samples (pre-clinical and clinical) from a variety of different biological matrices (cells, solid tissues, and biofluids) for quantitative LCMS proteomic and metabolite quantification
- Analysis of targeted and untargeted quantitative LCMS datasets using commercial analysis software and R scripts
- Bioanalytical study design, in collaboration with Scientists
- Actively contributing to the smooth running of the laboratory
- Operation and maintenance of triple quadrupole and Orbitrap LC-MS/MS systems
- Proactive troubleshooting of experiments and instruments
- Keeping a detailed and meticulous electronic lab journal
- Presenting data in Translational Biomarker team meetings
- Bachelor or Master degree (University or University of Applied Sciences) in biochemistry, biotechnology, or appropriate related discipline
- At least 3 years relevant experience in proteomics
- Experience in LCMS analysis of endogenous metabolites would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience of protein chemistry including some of the following: different lysis and protein extraction procedures, subcellular fractionation, tryptic digest, immunoprecipitation and phosphopeptide enrichment
- Well organized and proficient at running complex multi-step experiments
- Experience with the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Orbitrap and triple quadrupole mass spectrometers as well as UHPLC and nano-flow liquid chromatography
- Experience with proteomic database searches and quantitative analysis of mass spectrometry experiments. Experience of DIA and/or TMT strategies would be an asset
- Understanding of experimental design and basic statistical knowledge
- A strong passion for bioanalytics, mass spectrometry, translational science and drug discovery and a willingness to explore new areas
- Team player, at ease interacting in a multicultural environment
- Proficient in the English language. German and/or French would be an advantage
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil - Basel Area
Business Area: Drug Discovery Biology - Translational Biomarkers
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 3127
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.