With 1500 employees from more than 30 countries and cultures working at 14 sites, Skyguide provides air traffic control services for Switzerland and parts of neighbouring countries. In 2020, Skyguide safely and efficiently guided around 0.5 million (in previous years around 1.3 million) civil and military aircraft through the busiest airspace in Europe. Why not join our team? We are looking for:
The Radio System Engineer is responsible to provide engineering skills and project management competences. He/She will lead lifecycle management, continuous improvements and infrastructure replacement of Communication and Navigation products/equipment with focus on radio topics. The Engineer performs concepts, studies, changes, projects, for internal and/or external customers as well as ensuring quality and compliance regulations.
- Manage project or changes aiming to guarantee the continuity of Air-Ground radio communication / Navigation services, including planning, designing and implementation of radio communication systems and equipment for air traffic control, in consultation with the line manager and according to the company strategy
- Manage and coordinate activities related to running equipment in close collaboration with maintenance team and act as "engineer specialist" in case of operational modification or technical issue for equipment installed in radio stations across Switzerland
- Act as the product manager which is responsible to manage the products obsolescence, the evolution of the related technologies and the equipment harmonization at Swiss level (Zürich, Geneva, regional airports, remote radio sites)
- Responsible to apply the relevant norms, standards, national and international regulations linked to safety, security, and quality of the radio equipment
- Support projects, working groups and studies as technical expert for elaboration of safety assessment, operational and technical concepts and procedures linked to radio communication and navigation
- Conduct studies for internal and external requests in order to identify and prevent problems in radio communication and navigation domain
- Engineering and Master (or Bachelor) degree in telecommunications (or equivalent) with special knowledge of the VHF / UHF radio technologies including antenna systems
- Experience in change management (definitions and analysis of specifications, concept, planning, budget, realization and documentation) with open and creative personality as well as good staff management skills
- Experience in management of construction site/work and relevant processes (e.g. construction permission) would be an asset
- Fluent in French and English on a Level B2, German would be an asset
- Ability to regularly travel, mainly in Switzerland.
- Able to pass a government security clearance is a prerequisite (mandatory to access radio sites)
When: upon availability
Working percentage: 80-100%