GF Piping Systems is one of three divisions of GF, headquartered in Schaffhausen (Switzerland). The division is a leading supplier of piping systems made of plastics and metal. GF Piping Systems focuses on system solutions and high-quality components for the safe transport of water, chemicals, and gases, as well as corresponding services. In over 100 countries through its own sales companies and representative offices and with more than 30 production sites in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, GF Piping Systems supports customers in the fields of utility, industry, and building technology.
In this newly created position, you are providing innovative flame-retardant solutions for plastic piping systems and all their technical requirements. Flame retardant requirements are getting on one hand more restrictive inside buildings, industrial facility and vessels, on the other hand, new applications for plastic piping systems are growing worldwide. You will work in an international environment and interdisciplinary teams in close contact with universities, suppliers and customers. The development work includes a lot of research, experimental task and testing to serve finally our customers with innovative flame retardant solutions.
Material Engineer Flame Retardant Plastics (m/f/d)
- Developing flame retardant solutions for plastic piping systems for demanding applications such as in Marine, Data Centers, or similar
- Active involvement in developing new flame-retardant compounds including producing respective test samples and fire testing
- Global support of flame retardant material and application development for our R&D teams in the US and Asia
- Conduct internal and external training with regard to flame retardancy of plastic piping systems
- A Master's degree or equivalent in plastic material science or polymer chemistry
- At least 5 years of experience in the development of flame retardant plastic materials or equal; preferably thermoplastic materials and PUR foams
- Understanding of physical, chemical, mechanical properties, and analytics of plastic materials as well as of processing of thermoplastic materials (i.e. molding/extrusion)
- English and German language skills on a high professional level
- Willingness to travel (< 10%)
We offer you a very interesting and flexible challenge in a globally operating company.
Have we sparked your interest? If so, we look forward to receiving your complete online application.
For additional information please contact Mr. René Paparusso, Talent Acquisition Manager, phone +41 (0)52 631 37 86.
Recruitment agencies: For this recruitment, we do only accept direct applications. Thank you for your understanding.
+41 52 631 37 86
Georg Fischer Rohrleitungssysteme AG - Fittings, Schaffhausen