As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all - while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
This position is based in Münchwilen, Aargau, Switzerland.
As Senior Process Engineerin our Syngenta Process Development Center, you will be given excellent opportunities for creating industry-leading benchmarks in the new product development and acting at the interface of product development and industrial production process development. The focus of the position also includes providing specific manufacturing support both internally and externally for the introduction of new processes. You will contribute to creating a collaborative working environment within the Global PT New AI to foster innovation and elegant technical solutions.Your responsibilities:
- You will provide process and chemical engineering assessments supporting scale up development and optimization of unit operations and chemical stages over a range of development projects for the production of new active substances and intermediates.
- You will provide chemical engineering support for capital projects and Process Risk Assessments
- You will represent the chemical / process engineering function within project teams and lead chemical engineering projects within the function.
- You will carry out technical investigations and introduce new technologies to existing manufacturing processes.
- You will provide specific manufacturing support on processes both internally and externally for the introduction of new processes.
- You may lead (a) process engineers and/or technology laboratory team(s)
- You will be responsible for the generation of technical reports, other internal and external publications, patent applications etc.
- You will lead/ be a part of Technology Scouting and Technology Development projects within the company and with academic and other industry groups.
- Higher education in Chemical or Process Engineering (at least Master level or equivalent). Significant experience in a chemical production or process development environment having led technology development and technology transfer campaigns
- Profound understanding of chemical engineering principles. Subject Matter Expertise in Unit Operations like Crystallization, Distillation & Reaction Technology.
- Experience in process safety design and assessment, health issues arising from chemical operations and environmental sustainability aspects of chemical production.
- You are fluent in English knowledge of German and/or French is an advantage
- With your clear communication and customer-orientated mindset, you listen well and are quick to understand technical opportunities
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
- Flexible working arrangements and environment with an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
- You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, gym, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance...)