Zurich is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With about 55,000 employees, it provides a wide range of property and casualty, life insurance products and services in more than 215 countries and territories. Zurich's customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, as well as multinational corporations.
Are you interested in applying your expertise in a new environment to support an insurance company and its customers in understanding and improving their risks?
If you are seeking a professional challenge with future prospects and enjoy a modern working environment and a lively business atmosphere with international contacts, then we are looking forward to receiving your application!
Zurich Commercial Insurance offers risk management services to large corporations and multinational companies.
Zurich Risk Engineering is the strategic partner of our industry clients, focusing on the identification, evaluation, quantification and reduction of overall risks and their possible impact. Worldwide we have a network of more than 700 specialists at our disposal, operating within a broad variety of disciplines and working with first-class methods and tools to successfully provide professional consulting and appropriate risk analysis in the areas of property and liability insurances.
In the course of our growth strategy, we are looking for a personality to strengthen our team in Zurich as Senior Risk Engineer. Your objective is to independently and actively advise and support our Underwriters as well as our clients on assessing and reducing the physical risks to their operations.
What you will do
- You initiate and provide individual solutions to industrial clients in Switzerland, in Europe and overseas to effectively assess existing risks as well as to communicate these in a clear and concise manner to our customer and underwriters.
- You support our customers including the chemical industry in developing mitigation and adaptation strategies, especially for property damage and business interruption, but also for other exposures to their operations
- You visit companies on-site to conduct risk assessments using Zurich methodology, and develop loss scenarios and estimates where no models are available
- You support the development and promotion of new services to fulfill the needs of customers
- You contribute to our global network by sharing your knowledge on risk concepts and best practices
What you bring
- Completed university degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- More than 7 years of experience in a comparable position, preferably in risk management in the insurance industry
- Experience in process development or production is of advantage
- The ability to communicate complicated concepts in a clear and compelling manner to all levels of management and stakeholders of various levels of technical proficiency
- Fluency in English and German. French and other languages are of advantage.
Talent Acquisition Consultant: Jörg Lindemann (076 395 70 16)
Full time and part time: 80-100%
Work location: Zurich, Oerlikon
Travel requirement: up to approx. 20% (mostly within Switzerland)
Hybrid work: flexible
We look forward to receiving your online application - even without a cover letter.
You are welcome to convince us of your motivation in a personal meeting.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Our talent acquisition and hiring processes respect this commitment daily. Join Zurich and be part of this culture.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.