Hitachi Zosen Inova (HZI) is a global market leader in energy from waste (EfW) and renewable gas. HZI acts as an engineering, procurement and construction contractor and project developer, delivering complete turnkey plants and system solutions for thermal and biological EfW recovery. HZI's Service Group combines its own research and development with comprehensive manufacturing and erection capabilities to support our clients throughout the entire life cycle of their plant.
- You participate in our R&D project concerning cleaning methods of EfW boilers
- You run an R&D project developing a predictive maintenance product
Your tasks will hence be:
- Carry out engineering calculations in various disciplines to assess the efficiency of different cleaning products, such as water spray, rapping or shockwaves
- Further develop such cleaning methods and products, both on mechanical as well as automation level
- Analysis of FEM calculations of metal components as well as hands-on testing and experiments, both in workshops as well as on the plants (typically in Europe), Data analysis and potentially pattern recognition to make predictions and support our data science and data engineering team
- Planning, steering, and execution of your projects (from theoretical proof of concept to trial phase, and hand-over into our business units)
- Selection of and collaboration with eventual third-party providers and partners
- Master's degree in Mechanical / Mechanical Process / Structural Engineering with 5+ years' experience as R&D engineer, structural engineer or engineering consultant in a similar industry, ideally already familiar with the area of boiler design
- Good command of Python / R / Matlab or alike, FEM calculations, statistical modelling, acoustics and / or physics
- Solution-oriented, autonomous personality, able to communicate to scientific lay audiences and management alike, at ease with responsibility and free space
- Fluency in English, German or Japanese are a plus
- Responsible challenge with diversified field of activity
- Team-oriented working atmosphere in an international Company
- Personal development opportunities through own Inova Academy
- Opportunity to gain an insight into various technical disciplines
- Excellent employment conditions
- Attractive working place (central, good transport links)
- Modern infrastructure
Do you have any questions? Please contact us.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For HR agencies: Please note that we do not accept applications coming from agencies. Thank you.