EuroTube is a professional team of engineers, scientists and mission operatives who build Europe’s first test infrastructure for vacuum transportation that can operate vehicles efficiently in the target speed regime of 700 to 900 km/h – a minimal requirement for vactrain concepts. Accommodating the interest of universities and engineering companies who need test facilities to develop the technology sustainably, EuroTube provides a non-profit testing platform with a 3km-long, -scaled and accessible vacuum tube in Switzerland. Hence EuroTube is growing an interdisciplinary team responsible for the design, engineering and construction of key elements of this infrastructure. For our electrical engineering team, we are looking for a
- Responsible for defining with internal and external stakeholders the boundary conditions (grid access, location, situational plan, etc.) and energy provider specs & norms, incl. Test or certification campaigns.
- Provide detailed electrical design and specification for the installation of a wide range of industrial equipment and systems.
- Provide engineering support for the design, operation, and troubleshooting of all the facility electrical components and systems, including:
- Load flow analysis of electrical power distribution systems
- Electrical equipment evaluation
- Building and facility equipment grounding
- Power monitoring hardware and software
- Provide electrical engineering support to facility technicians to troubleshoot existing electrical equipment and controllers.
- Ensure that all equipment interfaces properly with other mechanical and electrical systems, including compatibility with facility power budgets:
- Grid & electrical systems design & integration:
- Design and lead decision-making of electrical network architecture for a feature-complete hyperloop system, including closed-cycle and autarkic energy management systems.
- Troubleshoot issues on prototype and production assemblies on an aggressive schedule.
- Lead investigations into anomalous behaviour.
- Grid & Plant planning & drafting:
- Create electrical panel schematics and work closely with builders to checkout wiring and quickly correct mistakes.
- Ensure all electrical designs and installations conform to applicable codes and regulations.
- New Product Planning & drafting:
- Develop test hardware specifications and seek innovative ways to support the Electrical Team, for example, in implementing state-of-the-art battery management systems.
- Draft and check in-house and external drafts of custom-developed products.
- Continuous review and analysis of evolving certification processes, incl. Check engineering and compliance with Swiss & European codes.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a similar role working as an electrical system planner which experience in laying out power distribution systems, switchgear systems, UPS’s, and/or generators.
- 5+ years of professional experience in electrical plant engineering, such as automotive, aerospace or railway production plants.
- Valid Electrical Planner license or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience working with a team of researchers and hardware development, planning & plant engineers and electricians
Preferred Skills and Experience
- High voltage safety training
- Experience with grid load flow calculation tools (Netplan, SIEMARIS or similar)
- Experience with 3D CAD (AutoCAD, BricsCAD or similar)
- Ability to read and understand power and control schematics
- Ability to read and understand highly technical equipment operation and maintenance (O&M) manuals
- Experience with variable frequency drives (VFDs) and industrial pumps
- Experience with controls in PROFIBUS, PROFINET, ETHERCAT or MODBUS communication
- Experience with medium voltage and low voltage distribution
- Experience with HMI/SCADA, control panel design and production
- Experience in working according to Swiss code (SIA) work procedure or similar European Standards (e.g. HOAI)
- Working knowledge of power coordination and arc flash
- Some travel in Central Europe may be required.
- English and French and/or German language and communication proficiency.
Place of work
We provide an office and workplace in Zu?rich and/or you can work remotely from home. Thus, you can work independently from day one and take on responsibility for your work fields and deliverables.
The EuroTube Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we do not discriminate and take affirmative measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant based on race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
If you are interested in learning more about joining our team, please send us your CV together with a few motivational sentences.
For more information about EuroTube, check EuroTube – accelerating sustainable vacuum transport