AVL is one of the world's leading mobility technology companies for development, simulation and testing in the automotive industry, and beyond. The company provides concepts, solutions and methodologies in fields like vehicle development and integration, e-mobility, automated and connected mobility (ADAS/AD), and software for a greener, safer, better world of mobility.
As a development engineer (f/m/d) in the commercial vehicle sector, you can expect exciting challenges and the opportunity to shape pioneering technologies. Immerse yourself in the world of chassis development for trucks and buses, where you will not only design concepts, but also optimize performance through accompanying structural analyses and vehicle dynamics simulations. At AVL, you are not just part of a team - you are a driving force for the future of commercial vehicle technology and help us shape the (electric) mobility of tomorrow.
- Concept design and development of commercial vehicle chassis
- Accompanying structural analyses to evaluate the load and performance of the chassis components
- Accompanying vehicle dynamics simulations to analyze commercial vehicle handling and stability
- Supplier selection and clarification of purchased parts
- Support for prototype construction in-house (AVL Tech-Center)
- Support with verification & validation (DVP) of the developed chassis solutions including Analysis and interpretation of the test results as well as internal documentation (components specifications, reports)
- Support with patent examinations
- Responsible for quality and process-compliant component development as well as application of standards, norms and legislation
- Completed education (Secondary Technical College, University of Applied Sciences or University) with a focus on mechanical engineering or mechatronics
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the development of chassis components for commercial vehicles (system understanding)
- Solid CAD knowledge (main CAD systems: CREO, NX, CATIA)
- Knowledge of simulation and calculation tools in the field of chassis technology desirable
- Experience in carrying out vehicle tests and evaluating test data desirable
- Systematic, independent and autonomous way of working
- Business fluent in German and English
- Willingness to travel for 1-3 days per month (Europe-wide)
What we offer:
- Flexitime Regulation
- Award-winning Training Programs
- Health Management
- Parental Leave Management (Maternity/Paternity Protection & Educational Leave)
Annual Remuneration: Due to the Austrian Equal Treatment Act we are obligated to state the annual gross remuneration (full-time) for this position as a basis for negotiation: €61,600.00. The Employee will be classified according to the Collective Agreement for Employees of Industry (Collective Bargaining Agreement of the Automotive Industry). We will, in any case, offer market-conforming payment taking qualifications and professional experience into account.
If so, please use our online application tool to send your application to AVL!
At AVL, we foster and celebrate diversity: We recognize that diverse ways of thinking are required to achieve our vision of a greener, safer, and better world of mobility. Different backgrounds, attitudes, interests, and experiences make us successful. As Equal Opportunity Employer we consider all qualified applicants without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability status.