Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran – acquired by Capgemini in 2020 - and Capgemini's digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defence, and consumer products. In Switzerland, Capgemini Engineering has approximately 300 employees.
For our renowned customers from the above mentioned sectors, we are the world market leader in high-tech engineering and R&D services. Capgemini Engineering supports its customers from the initial idea through industrialization to the development of new products and services.
For a current onsite customer project in the Zurich region, we are looking for a qualified and experienced Materials and Process Engineer Consultant.
- Perform gap analyses of customer process specifications used for the production of structural aircraft components
- Evaluate the technical impact of the new revision of process specifications
- Define the production domain impacted by the change (assembly, metal, composite, surface treatment, coatings, quality, NDT, supply chain)
- Evaluate the current situation (compliance / gaps) of the production
- Determine and document efforts, cost impact and implementation plan
- Implement immediate corrective actions in the production processes, documents or tools to close the gaps
- Coordinate team to implement long term corrective actions
- Bachelor's or master's degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering or materials science
- Previous working experience in chemical processes, surface treatment, coating and sealing
- Advanced knowledge in composite materials manufacturing and assembly procedures (adhesive bonding techniques as well as conventional faster applications)
- Good SAP, MS-Office and Catia V5 (only 3D Models reading) skills
- Proficient in German and English, knowledge in French is an asset
- Honest, rigorous and self-driven personality
- Experience in mechanical testing of composites is preferred
Capgemini Engineering Benefits
- Develop additional skills in project or quality management as well as requirements engineering.
- Ability to experience different project opportunities and engineering companies.
- A multinational culture with over 50,000 colleagues worldwide.
Please note, that we can only consider Swiss or EU/EFTA nationals or applicants with a valid residence or work permit for Switzerland and those who are ITAR compliant.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. We only accept applications through our online career portal. Applications via e-mail or 3rd party platforms will be deleted due to GDPR regulations. You can track your application status at any time here. Kindly note that Capgemini Engineering only accepts direct applications (no recruitment agencies).