About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europes leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 600 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
For our Hit-to-Lead-Chemistry group, we are seeking a highly motivated junior synthetic chemist with a Ph.D. degree eager to enter the world of medicinal chemistry at Idorsia.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to provide practical synthetic chemistry support to the team, a deep understanding and a propensity to self-develop. The newcomer will be responsible for designing and synthesizing small molecules for the molecular target(s) as part of a drug discovery team where expertise in modern synthetic methods is an essential requirement to drive the optimization cycle towards new drugs. The position offers the opportunity to lead a laboratory of 1-3 technician(s) while performing lab work.
Preferred applicants have a Ph.D. with a post-Doc experience in synthetic organic chemistry as well as a strong track record in more than one of the following areas: methodology, catalysis, asymmetric or total synthesis. Applicants should have excellent verbal and written communication competencies, strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, as well as a passion for hands-on experimental science.
- Efficiently lead a chemistry laboratory with supervising 1-3 laboratory members
- Define clear objectives for the laboratory members and ensure their development
- Safely and efficiently design, plan and execute multi-step organic synthesis and purification of high-quality target molecules
- Refine and enable synthetic routes to target molecules including versatile, modular routes for analog generation and efficient scalable routes
- Timely scale up and purify target molecules for advanced characterization
- Assess and solve synthetic problems with a high degree of independence
- Utilize relevant data to drive the optimization cycle towards new drugs
- Prioritize the chemistry efforts to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment to objectives
- Maintain clear and accurate records of experimental procedures (e-labjournal) for publication or patent filing in accordance with the company policy while maintaining high synthetic chemistry productivity
- Present own work and plans to chemistry-focused and broader audiences
- Comply with relevant SOPs and maintain a safe and organized work environment
- PhD and PostDoc in synthetic organic chemistry
- Expertise in organic chemistry (total synthesis, asymmetric synthesis or methodology development)
- Excellent laboratory skills and proficiency in experimental design and application
- Strong scientific track record as shown by publications in key scientific journals
- Hands-on attitude together with a high level of creativity
- Deep understanding and problem-solving mindset
- Excellent communication skills to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Capability to work independently and solve problems through careful experimental design and data analysis
- Ability to tackle scientific challenges with rigor and critical thinking
- Propensity to work in a digital and new technology-oriented research environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Work Location: Allschwil
Business Area: Drug Discovery Chemistry
Job Type: Permanent
If you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly-controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.