Part of the Parker Group, Meggitt is a global engineering group specialised in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. Some 9’000 people are employed across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil and in India.
Meggitt Fribourg’s site provides its expertise to four strategic business units and employs 450 employees. We develops, manufactures and sells world-wide a complete range of transducers and electronic systems for the monitoring of engines, turbines and other rotating machinery in both the aerospace and energy industries.
To further strengthen our Energy Sales Services department, we are currently looking for a
As "Customer Service Engineer" you will be accountable for providing support to our customers (remotely and in the field), especially for our German speaking customers, coordinating projects with our sales teams, ensuring technical follow-up and commissioning services as requested. You will also be responsible for machine monitoring system configuration, services and upgrades, In addition, you will provide technical support and training to our sales team and customers.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Provide technical assistance for Vibro-Meter product lines (sensors, machine monitoring systems, condition monitoring software) to regional customers, subsidiaries, representatives and sales managers
- Technical support for Sales on project opportunities and proposal in the region, in particularly for German speaking customers
- Clarify project specifications, design system configuration, prepare specific project documentation, execute integration or acceptance tests in coordination with our customers
- Machinery protection system verification, upgrade and testing as well as machinery condition monitoring system upgrade, improvements, extensions, calibration and use
- Installation supervision and commissioning of Vibro-Meter products on site
- Provide technical training (hardware & software) to customers, subsidiaries, regional representatives and sales managers (prepare and maintain training content as well as provide training sessions locally)
- Support Sales & Marketing with product launch, case studies, white papers, success stories, site applications (creation of content, development of Vibro-Meter visibility, participation in workshops, webinars and international conferences)
- Help our Engineering team by providing feedback from the field, testing new prototypes, reporting product improvements or new features requested by customers.
- Engineering or technical degree with a strong technical/scientific background and interest in mechanical, electronical, electrical, software engineering or automation
- At least 5 years of professional experience in electronics, electrical or mechanical engineering, including field experience (commissioning, maintenance, service activities)
- Experience in measurement or signal processing (Calibration, Design, Performance etc.), in rotating machinery (Engineering, diagnostics services) or in combustion dynamics would be a great asset
- Fluent in German (mother tongue) & English, French or other languages is an asset
- Customer service oriented, strong prioritization and good communication skills
- Fast learner and can-do attitude
- Ability to work autonomously and willing to take responsibilities
- Flexible and good team player
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time
If you are looking for a challenging position with opportunity to grow in a truly international company, please apply with your resume, letter of motivation, reference letters and diploma, in English through the career page of our website: www.meggitt.com. Please note that only complete applications will be taken into consideration.