Celonic is a privately owned Contract Development Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) with two state-of-the-art sites located at Basel, Switzerland (headquarters) and Heidelberg, Germany.
Celonic provides comprehensive GMP development and manufacturing services for New Biological Entities (NBEs) and Biosimilars, as well as Cell & Gene Therapy associated services worldwide. Their portfolio includes the development of cell lines, production processes, as well as non-GMP and GMP manufacturing of biopharmaceutical drug substances and drug product. Currently there are over 350 highly qualified employees working at the two sites of Celonic. Because of the expansion of the company, Celonic is looking for dedicated and qualified employees.
To support our USP Process Development Team at our Basel site (Switzerland) we are looking for a
Your area of responsibility:
- Planning and supervision of protein based Biologics process development (monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, enzymes, bispecifics etc.) both in perfusion (main focus) and fed-batch modes
- Line management of 4-5 Scientists and Senior Scientists of the USP Process Development Department
- Representing the USP Team in project meetings and client meetings
- Driving internal projects for improving development platforms of both Biologics and Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) areas including novel viral- and cell-based platforms
- Preparation and review of project documentation such as risk assessments, SOPs, development plans and reports related to process development
- Providing in-depth upstream processing expertise to the other team members of the USP Process Development Department and other stakeholders within Celonic with focus on perfusion processing
- Supporting technology transfer from process development to GMP manufacturing sites of Celonic and from external innovator company to Celonic
- Reporting to the USP Process Development Director
Your skills & qualification:
- Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology or similar qualification, PhD is favorable
- Minimum 5 years relevant biologics industry experience in the process development of biopharmaceuticals, additional CGT/ATMP experience is favorable
- Minimum 2 years line management experience of process development personnel
- Experience with recombinant mammalian cell (CHO, human cell lines, etc.) cultivation in perfusion and fed-batch processes and with automated equipment
- Thorough knowledge of common USP equipment (Shake flasks, Ambr, Single-use bioreactors from 15mL to 10L scale, IPC equipment for cell cultivation), larger scale (100L-2000L) knowledge is favorable
- Empathic and solution oriented personality with sound communication skills
- Proven capabilities in working in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Excellent English skills, German skills are favorable
Why Celonic? - We offer:
- Permanent position, full-time
- Flexible working hours
- Responsible and interesting tasks in a forward-looking company
- Professional development opportunities based on individual potentials
- Flat hierarchies, short decision-making paths and the opportunity to contribute your own ideas
- Attractive company fitness program
- Collegial working environment build on respect as well as strong team spirit
Do we have your attention?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your application documents, your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations to Stefanie Stroppel. Preferably, we get your application via our application form.