NBE-Therapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group: a perfect symbiosis between a rapidly growing biotechnology company and an already well-established big pharma. We are located in Basel, a Swiss city on the river Rhine, known for being an important center of chemical and pharmaceutical industries and renowned for its versatile cultural aspects – a great place to live and work. Our research team is committed to the development of next generation antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) for cancer patients in need for new transformational treatments.
We are looking for a highly motivated:
You will support the generation and characterization of novel ADCs for pre-clinical evaluation in relevant in vitro and in vivo cancer models. We look for a motivated and self-dependent team player who likes to work in a dynamic environment, where everyone’s performance has an impact on the success of the program, and who likes to be part of the team supporting the company’s further growth.
- BSc and/or MSc degree and experience in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related discipline. Applications from candidates with a PhD degree will not be considered for this postion
- Hands-on experience and/or a track record of analytical characterization of biologics, such as IgG, peptides and/or glycans is an asset
- Knowledge in standard biochemical methods (Protein purification, UV-VIS, buffer exchange, Endotoxin Assay, affinity determination and ELISA based assays)
- Knowledge in HPLC-based analytics of biologics and/or small molecules is key (Reversed Phase-, Size Exclusion-, Hydrophobic Interaction-Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry)
- Agile person showing eagerness to learn, optimize and develop new techniques/ methodologies to find the optimal solution
- Team player with good communication skills, capable to interact well within a small team, but also skilled to work independently
- Diligent and respectful with regard to general lab processes and organization
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English is a prerequisite, German is helpful but not essential
- Support development of novel cancer drugs and therapeutic approaches in pre clinical exsperiments
- Conducting of small scale manufacturing of ADCs with proprietary enzymatic ADC conjugation platfrom (SMAC™-Technology) or classical chemical conjugation for evaluation in cellular assays and in vivo studies according existing protocols
- Further development of the ADC conjugation platform with the Team Conjugation
- Application of existing HPLC-based analytical methods for ADC characterization (RP, SEC, HIC and MS)
- Characterization of ADCs with biochemical methods and in cell-based assays.
- Independent planning, and coordination of experiments including data analysis and accurate documentation of data in electronic laboratory notebooks
- Support preparation of reports, manuscripts, and meeting presentations
What we offer
- A permanent position in a dynamic and science-driven work environment
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our organization
- An opportunity to make a difference in future cancer therapies and save patients’ lives.
Who We Are and Our Culture
NBE-Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
In January 2021, NBE-Therapeutics joined as a subsidiary specialized in ADCs, the Boehringer Ingelheim group, which focuses on innovative medicines for people and animals since more than 130 years. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, more than 53’000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2022, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved a total revenue of nearly 24.1 billion euros. R&D expenditure, exceeding 5 billion euros, corresponded to 20.9 per cent of net sales.
We look forward to receiving your application including a motivation letter.
Please, send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to job-opening: Ref231103.