Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
At our R&D site in Baden with more than 300 employees we specialize in the development of soft- and hardware for cancer treatment. To complete our team, we are looking for a
You will be part of the Motion Systems group in the Imaging and Positioning Technologies department in Dättwil, which is responisible for the development and integration of motion and imaging systems into the various radioptherapy platforms. One of the main tasks is the technical coordination among the different groups in Dättwil and Palo Alto (USA).
The System Engineer role is a key position for specifying and integrating complex system parts as well as for interacting with the various contributing groups on very detailed technical level.
- Conception, development and integration of the Imaging / X-Ray and Motion Control sub-systems
- Handling of inception/elaboration phases for new projects/activities
- Assisting / supporting engineering department with analysis and evaluations
- Tests of X-Ray/ Imaging and Motion Control systems
- Master or B.Sc. (or equivalent) in a suitable discipline e.g. engineering or related technical field (or appropriate professional qualification)
- Experience in hardware and or software design
- Strong communication skills, ability to interact with people, strong business sense, must be mature and tactful
- Experience in Project Management
- Strong service mindset to support local and international teams the most efficient and effective way
- Self-motivated personality with networking skills
- Fluency in German and English, written and spoken
You are analytical, communicative and focused. You work structured and have an eye for details. In addition, you can express your ideas and research in written form. You are used to work independently, open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues. You thrive in an international work environment and in cultivating your contacts with partners in Europe and overseas.
You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did. We look forward to receiving your application and CV. APPLY HERE