Location: Orbe, SwitzerlandPosition Summary
Company: NPTC Beverage
Full-Time, Act. Rate 100%
Graduate in Engineering, preferably in Packaging, Mechanics, Mechatronics, Industrial, electronic or Automation.
As a R&D Packaging Engineer, you will support key projects from a packaging engineering side. You will work in a project team and coordinate the line engineering development, trials and industrialization of glass filling and packing lines across Nestlé factories.A day in the life of a R&D Packaging Engineer
You will be the key contact for packaging machine suppliers, coordinate investments together with factories, contribute to overall project timeline, risk assessment and development of solutions.
Teamwork and problem-solving mindset are key to the role.
What will make you successful
- Work together with the project team to contribute to the overall project objectives with focus on the line engineering part
- Coordinate and interact with key suppliers and internal customers on identifying the right solutions for the right application: from User Requirement Specification to machine part fabrication, pre-trials, commissioning, installation and start-up qualification, CAPEX evaluation
- Develop technical solutions with machine suppliers to be able to produce new packaging in our factories
- Know and apply existing standards for filling & packing machines and units according to LEAN and TPM principle, in particular to ensure simplicity and cost consciousness
- Establish packaging machine specifications and evaluate supplier technical data and capability.
- Support start up for the solutions delivered within the project with regards the 4 M's machine performance, efficiency, material losses, operators and maintenance capability, autonomous maintenance, compliance to specs
- Deliver technical assistance to roll-out factories on installation of the new packaging
- People and Know-how: Teamwork to drive the right solutions within the project team. Share knowledge and drive trials together with operations
- Graduate in Engineering, preferably in Packaging, Mechanics, Mechatronics, Industrial, electronic or Automation.
- Solid knowledge in the area of responsibility: product, process, system and technology
- Operational experience in Filling & Packing or machine manufacturing (minimum 2 years) with:
- Problem solving approach
- Project Management
- Supplier management
- TPM and LEAN references
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.