is a medically guided, not-for-profit organization led by an international group of surgeons specialized in the treatment of trauma and disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Founded in 1958 by 13 visionary surgeons, the AO fosters one of the most extensive networks of over 215,000 sur-geons, operating room personnel, and scientists in over 100 countries.
In close collaboration with trusted industrial partner, universities and in-house institutes, the AO Foundation constantly develops new operation techniques, implant, instruments, and clinical solutions under the medical guidance of independent surgeons. The AO is the leading innovator in the surgical treatment of bone fractures and disorders. Innovation at the AO goes from bench to bedside, including basic research and innovation, product development, and clinical validation. The AO Innovation Translation Center (AO ITC) streamlines and drives innovation projects. As part of the AO ITC, together with Clinical Science, Clinical Operations is the AO's clinical research provider. With about 30 clinical research specialists (project managers, clinical research associates, study assistances, image research associates, medical advisers, medical statisticians, data mangers medical writers and quality and regulatory managers) we produce clinical evidence by the planning and execution of international clinical studies that is highly relevant to current trauma and orthopedics practices for better patient care.
For this new and permanent position we are looking for the following highly motivated person to support our team in Davos or Landquart:
Senior Project Manager Clinical Operations - AO CMF & AO Trauma (100%)
After a careful introduction phase, you will take full responsibility for the planning and management of international clinical studies within the agreed framework and legal guidelines. In addition, you will be responsible for the specific clients research portfolio, and the full budget control.
In specific you will be responsible for:
- Plan and manage international clinical studies within the framework of scientific and legal guidelines, from the idea phase through the planning and execution/monitoring until the publication and archiving.
- Manage the project portfolio of the assigned clients, coordinating all projects and activities of the assigned clients in order to assist them in achieving their strategic goals
- Main contact person for clients
- Represent AO ITC in medical expert groups in corresponding Research Commissions
- Generate budgets for studies and present them for approval to the clients
- Provide status information on study data and study budget reports to AO ITC Management and clients as required
- Direct line management, support, and coach of a team of up to four employees with the functions of Project Manager Clinical Operations, Clinical Research Associate and/or Study assistant
- Support the clinical operations team to achieve strategic goals and improve internal processes
- Define resource allocation for studies and inform other groups or resources needed
- Regularly review the performance of the employees and take necessary measures, and annual review of the performance and targets settings
- Prepare, coordinate and if required conduct site initiation visits, monitoring visits and site close-out visits
- Develop and adapt Clinical Investigation Plans, Case Report Forms and documents for ethics commission submission
- Compile and archive study documents, review study budgets and periodically inform the clients on quality-related study data
In order to master this challenge, you have:
- Master of Science (MSc), PhD in a scientific discipline or related healthcare field or equivalent training and experience; or a higher Nursing degree with several years of working experience
- At least 3 years of experience in clinical research medical services
- Knowledge of clinical research operations, including interpretation and implementation of applicable regulations/ICH/GCP, ISO guidelines
- Core understanding of medical terminology, methodological aspects of clinical trial activities
- Minimum of two years of practical experience with project management
- Experience in interactions with outside and inside customers
- Ability to work in complex or multiple projects and exercise critical thinking with minimal supervision
- Solid attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral) in German and English
- Ability to establish priorities, operate with a sense of urgency and collaborate (interpersonal, relationship management) with the study team, cross functional team members and external clients/vendors.
- Strong leadership skills, problem-solving skills, self-motivated and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Flexibility and customer-focused mindset
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 10 percent
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative organization
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team
- Modern infrastructure
Employment conditions which match the requirements and offer a high degree of flexibility regarding working hours and location, including working part-time in home-office
If you meet the requirements of this challenging opportunity, please submit your complete online application (motivation letter, CV, recent photograph, certificates, reference letters, etc) through our online application system. Applications received via other channels will not be considered in the process.
Start of work
, AO Foundation
Stettbachstrasse 6 8600 Dübendorf