CSEM is a private research, technology and innovation center specializing in microtechnology, microelectronics, system engineering, and renewable energy systems. It offers its customers and industry partners custom-made innovative solutions. Our strength is the excellence of our people.
To strengthen our Sample Handling and Sensing Team, in the CSEM Center Alpnach, we are looking for a:
As senior R&D engineer in the section "Sample handling and sensing", you lead and contribute to applied research and development projects in the area of "Life Science Technologies". Within the strategic objectives of the section, you propose game-changing ideas and promote them internally and externally. Finally, you contribute to business development and acquisition by preparing concepts and cost estimation for new customer leads.
- Managing significant projects or activities in in your field of expertise (i.e. resources, goals, issues, budget) and contribute to various projects (management of specific work packages, technical execution, problem-solving)
- Writing offers and project proposals (concept preparation, technical description)
- Acting as reference person in your area of expertise for the team by maintaining high level of expertise and being informed about the state-of-the-art
- Pro-actively proposing game-changing ideas about new research activities within the section roadmap
- Promoting CSEM activities in national and international conferences and exhibitions
- Maintaining and developing internal and external network
You are a motivated Engineer with superior level of education (MSc, PhD is an advantage) in microtechnology, physics, bio-engineering or similar discipline with experience in the following topics:
- Proven experience in the area of sample handling or microfluidics with a focus on life sciences applications
- Experience of projects in an industrial setting is preferred
- Experience in the area of laboratory automation is a plus
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and principles across multiple disciplines
- Experience in writing of project proposals in English
- Analytical skills and critical thinking
- Excellent team player, ability to collaborate with various internal partners across the organization
- Strong communication skills and ability to present in an efficient way
- Customer and results-oriented
- Natural curiosity and ability/interest to deal with multidisciplinary activities
- Fluency in English, fluency in German is desired
CSEM offers a stimulating and multidisciplinary work environment with the opportunity to work with leading Swiss and international companies. You will have the opportunity to benefit from excellent social security conditions and to evolve within a multicultural company which clearly promotes an employee-driven culture. CSEM is an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application. Please submit your complete application documents (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) online. Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.