At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win.
We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people's lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com.
Location: Nestlé Wangen bei Olten, Solothurn, Switzerland
Working Time: Full-time
Contract: Permanent employment
Start Date: Immediate
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
Products and brands that everyone knows. An international working world that inspires. A career that picks up speed. In a global corporation with popular brands. Is this perhaps the position of your life? More than 300,000 employees worldwide are committed to brands such as Buitoni, Garden Gourmets, Nescafé Dolce Gusto, BEBA, MAGGI, Thomy and KitKat. Be a part of it. With team spirit, vision and thinking ahead. With the aspiration to shape the future of CHILLED DOUGH SEGMENT.
The factory in Wangen bei Olten (CH) is a high-performance production company of Nestlé Suisse S.A. and produces high-quality fresh dough of the Leisi & Buitoni for at home and abroad.
In this position you will manage projects for the development of innovative and competitive products (Innovation) and improving existing (Renovation) ones within the Multi Market segment of CHILLED DOUGH, with an end-to-end approach.
A day in the life of a (Senior) Product & Process Specialist
- Lead the development, scale up and implementation & industrialization of new and existing products and technologies, harmonization, cost-optimization and contract manufacturing projects.
- Explore innovative application of product & process possibilities based on current state-of-the-art food technology as well as being an integrated member in the process of technical feasibility evaluation.
- Play a key role in identifying, initiating and serving as technological resource for the development of a robust pipeline of innovation, renovation, harmonization and cost optimization opportunities.
- Leverage food processing expertise to advance operational standards by acting as functional lead and perform training for the members of CTAG and factory teams considering ingredients knowledge in the bakery segment, dough product and process development, problem solving knowledge in the area.
- Act as fundamental role in functional bakery ingredient/raw material scouting for application purposes and support other CTAG team members.
- Support product formulation and recipes creation in the system including appropriate ingredient, nutritional, regulatory, and analytical requirements and compliance with food legislation.
- Apply deep technological expertise to projects and challenges, as well as support to ensure compliance in legal and internal regulations of food safety, good manufacturing practice, work safety and environmental protection
- Collaborate strongly in an international, cross-functional and virtual teams: Business Marketing, Production, Supply Chain, Export teams, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Management teams.
What will make you successful
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Technology, Engineering or related. Qualification in Bakery and/or Confectionery is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role in product development including shelf life and sensory evaluation in food industry
- Ability to coach and train others in the field
- Project management and leadership skills is a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to connect internally & externally with diverse teams & cultures.
- Adaptable to challenging and changing environments, results-oriented approach and focus on delivery.
- Fluent English, German language skills an advantage