Siegfried has a wide range of development and multi-purpose production facilities for active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The Zofingen site produces complex active ingredients for healing patients, for veterinary medicine, or as active ingredients for food and beverages.
We are hiring a Principal Scientist for Process R&D to manage a team of 7 chemists and work closely with the Head Process Development, coach and support individual Lab Scientists, stay up-to-date with scientific trends, and collaborate with external customers. The ideal candidate will lead the team to peak performance, be part of the Process R&D leadership team, and ensure compliance with deadlines and budgets while preparing relevant project documents.
As a Principal Scientist in Process R&D, you will be responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes, analyzing data, managing projects, and mentoring junior staff to achieve business objectives and increase efficiency and productivity.
- Takeover of the technological management of a development group (7 chemists) in close collaboration with the Head Process Development
- Coaches and supports the development of each individual Lab Scientist and leads the team to peak performance
- Keeps himself/herself scientifically up to date through networking and initiates the use of new trends and technologies
- Is part of the Process R&D leadership team
- Works as part of a team with other chemists, engineers, and technicians
- Co-operates with the development project team and guides the Process R&D department through the development process
- Is responsible for compliance with deadlines and budgets according to the project requirements
- Prepares relevant project documents (synthesis instructions, development reports, progress reports, etc.)
- Collaborates with external customers
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of chemical process development
- PhD in synthetic chemistry, preferably in Organic Chemistry
- Experience in transfer of chemical processes to pilot or production
- Passion for motivating, developing and leading others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability for multifunctional cooperation
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English, German is an advantage
- Strong team player with a structured way of working
Working at Siegfried
- Flexible working hours make it possible to combine family, leisure time and career
- Parking is available at a reduced rate
- Health insurance: Discounts of up to 10% on additional insurances with our partners for you and your partner/family
- Our stock purchase plan is generous and individually tailored
- Paid breakfast break to foster a healthy working culture
- Family allowance: all employees entitled to child and/or education allowances receive an additional monthly family allowance
- Child allowance: Siegfried AG increases the child allowance by 10% compared to the cantonal statutory rate
- Individual further training opportunities by arrangement
- Reka money: Siegfried AG grants employees a 20% discount; Reka money is a dedicated means of payment for vacations, leisure activities, transportation and meals.
- Pension fund: Our company pension fund is attractive and contributions can be arranged individually
- Staff restaurant / cafeteria: meals at preferential conditions
- Central location: Close to the train station with very good public transport connections
Who we are
In the Midst of People's Lives - Across the Globe
The Siegfried Group is one of the world's leading Custom Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs) developing and producing active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), intermediates and finished dosage forms. As our core competence, we successfully integrate chemical and pharmaceutical capabilities into a single business model.
The Siegfried name stands for highest quality, efficiency, flexibility and safety. Present in Europe, Asia and North America, we serve a broad global customer base from major international pharmaceutical companies down to small biologic-pharmaceutical organizations. For them we develop and produce product innovations on a large scale to finished products. We integrate our offer seamlessly into the customers' value chain. Our comprehensive services range from early-stage Research & Development services such as synthesis, scale-up, formulation development, stability studies and method development all the way through to manufacturing services, ranging from preclinical R&D material for clinical trial purposes to commercial production.
We are able to produce about 200 of the approximately 1500 registered drug substances used in medicine. Moreover, we produce 20 percent of global demand for caffeine. Consequently, nearly 1 billion individuals come into contact with Siegfried products.
What we do in Zofingen
Zofingen is the hub of the Siegfried Group. The production facility at our Zofingen headquarters supplies our customers around the globe with exemplary Swiss quality. The Siegfried company is a popular employer in the Zofingen region, where we meet our social responsibility by training apprentices.
- Development and commercial manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and corresponding intermediates
- Fully compliant with cGMP and SHE (Safety, Health and Environmental) standards
- Manufacture of high potency active ingredients in development and production
- Micronization in development and production
- Contract manufacturing of new active ingredients