At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over.
The Food & Beverage segment is part of the ADM’s global Nutrition business with its Human Nutrition and Health & Wellness divisions. Our innovation and expertise are helping people live healthier lives. Around the world, our experts—including food and beverage scientists, flavorists and chefs—offer innovative solutions for consumers seeking foods and beverages to support health and wellness.
The successful candidate will report to the Microbiome Director and will be based in Switzerland. The candidate will take a key role within the R&D team, driving Functional Food & Beverages projects in close alignment with the business to develop innovative and science-based nutritional solutions that meet modern consumer’s expectations and will differentiate ADM on the Functional Food & Beverages market.
• Manage the R&D project pipeline for our Foods& Beverages segment in close alignment with the business
• Coordinate multiple project teams to deliver the product roadmap to the market
• Leverage your R&D expertise and share resources within other technical areas to define product requirements for new applications, validate and coordinate pet clinical trials, transfer data to business
• Be responsible for the on-time and on-budget delivery of all research projects related to Functional Food & Beverages, working with colleagues in R&D, regulatory, manufacturing, marketing and commercial to deliver new innovative and science-based functional solutions
• Support products throughout their life cycle via a Phase-Gate Discipline including ideation, development, market launch and on-market sustainment
• Help the business develop deep expertise in Functional Food & Beverages and represent the business in customer and conference interactions
• Proactively identify, manage and plan for product development risks and mitigations
• Support the development of our external R&D ecosystem building high level research projects with reliable partners (scientists and customers)
Job Description - Continued
• Ph.D. degree in Food Science/ Technology, Food Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related fields
• 5+ years of R&D experience in Functional Foods& Beverages preferably in large companies
• 3+ years of experience in managing R&D and product development project pipeline
• Data driven approach to project ideation, planning, prioritization and execution
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements for Functional Foods& Beverages’ development
• Proven innovator, with a track record of developing new ideas through collaboration and translating strategic direction into tactical execution in a team-driven environment
• Executive level communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a global context
• Availability to travel up to 20% of the time, Domestic and International
• Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment with flexible work time models
• Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
• A company culture which promotes continuous learning, diversity and inclusion.
• Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company.
• An attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits like subsidized health & fitness offers.
Learn more about ADM at www.adm.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company.